Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have another small issue with my 07 Outlaw 525 and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. My ATV runs great when it comes to pressing the throttle slowly and even a little bit fast. However, when I try to gun it, it will stall and usually backfire. I believe this means that it is a rich fuel mixture issue. What steps are required to make it even out? Is it a valve issue or a simple adjustment of the fuel screw or do I need to re-jet the carb?

Any tips are greatly appreciated and once again, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
521 Posts
i would say clean the carb thoroughly first then go from there after that if it dont help then i can help you dial in, also find out what you have in there as main jet, needle position and a/f

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Usually a lean condition when they do that. Try adjusting the mixture screw out 1/4 to 1/2 turn and see how it reacts. If it gets better, keep going till it starts to get worse, then back up about 1/4 turn. If it gets worse right away, go the other way. Adjustment range is 1/2 to 3 1/2 turns out from lightly seated. If you can't get it in that range then you need to change pilot jet.

Make sure carb is properly cleaned and everything else is good before you do that though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts