Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 400 automatic and the throttle gets stuck all the time. It usually gets the worst on full throttle and gets stuck and the only way to stop is turn the key off. i see the cable goes into some sort of cap but i didnt attempt to take the cap off cause im not real familar with atv's yet so i didnt wanna screw it up. what can i do? its not getting stuck on the throttle switch cause the lever comes back but its getting stuck on the carb or somewhere. any suggestions?

·
Registered
527 Posts
First check and see if there are any kinks in the cable if there is replace it. If the cable has no kinks then I would disconnect the cable from the throttle lever and try spraying some lube down the cable and see if it loosens up. If this does not work I would replace the cable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far it has seemed to help. Its hard to tell cause it only happened every once in awhile. It hasnt stuck on full throttle so ill just keep lubing it and hopefully all will be well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not to thread jack but i have to replace mine, is it just a simple pull the old one out and route the new one exactly how the old one was? Does the cable at the oil pump have a particular way to go back in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts