Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post a pic of how to tie your sportsman 450 down in a 5x8 trailer I used the steel racks on my 750 Bruteforce but these plastic racks don't look strong enough.

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
There are holes/loops/eyelets in the front and back of the frame. Down low on both front and back. Up front it is where the plastic lower portion of the grill meets the frame. On the rear it's where the hitch receiver is!!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Tread
Wood Twig Body jewelry Tints and shades Jewellery

Notice how the clevis locks the chain binder handle in the loaded position.
Automotive tire Wood Tread Tire Machine

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Bumper
Wood Grey Twig Silver Tree

Reactions: Nickadeamus

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,117 Posts
Can anyone post a pic of how to tie your sportsman 450 down in a 5x8 trailer I used the steel racks on my 750 Bruteforce but these plastic racks don't look strong enough.
A good idea would be to read your owners manual. There is an entire section in there on proper tie down procedures.

• Wow
Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Here's a good picture of the front tie down hook you can clearly see it in this photo.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A good idea would be to read your owners manual. There is an entire section in there on proper tie down procedures.
I have towed it several times using that hook that's way down low in the front , the front of my trailer is a little higher than the hook. I just don't like the strap not pulling down on the machine. I might just put some wood under the front tires to lift it enough to clear the top.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts