Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering if anyone has used the tiger tools wheel bearing greasers? They’re not the cheapest ones available but they do look like a quality part. Looks can be deceiving so I was hoping someone might offer their experience to help me make my decision.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,962 Posts
A wheel bearing greaser is a wheel bearing greaser. Any of them is better than not greasing them at all. They all put the grease in the bearing.

·
Premium Member
2004 Polaris sportsman 700
300 Posts
I’m wondering if anyone has used the tiger tools wheel bearing greasers? They’re not the cheapest ones available but they do look like a quality part. Looks can be deceiving so I was hoping someone might offer their experience to help me make my decision.
I think FPD is right... unless you're a shop and grease wheel bearings all the time then I'm sure any chinese cheapy would surfice.

·
Registered
452 Posts
A wheel bearing greaser is a wheel bearing greaser. Any of them is better than not greasing them at all. They all put the grease in the bearing.
I chose a unit that had 2 O ring. The grease had to stay between the ring.
Could not get the unit to go past the first O ring.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, they all are supposed to do the job in theory, but not all actually work.

Some of the Chinese products’ inside diameters are too small to fit over the splined drive shaft, and so cannot be seated in the bearing.

They state their greaser will work without removing the driveshaft, but the designs obviously were not tested. If the tool can’t be used without removing the driveshaft, it’s as useful as a paperweight.

After returning three China greasers, I bought USA-made that are designed and tested to fit over the driveshafts. A little more expensive but they do work as advertised.

Bottom line: The Chinese offerings are quality-machined and beautiful, but are no bargain because they do not work.

·
Registered
207 Posts
From another thread:

#33 · 24 d ago
I finally have two greasers verified to work on my Sportsman 570.

Front 35mm Tusk Wheel Bearing Greaser #1881400006 ($14.99 from Rocky Mountain ATV) fits snuggly and works well.

Rear 40mm tool I got off eBay for $19.88

The 40mm tool worked, albeit a tight fit into the bearing. Tore the o-ring, but it could have been I didn’t put enough grease around it. I did find replacements online.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got the Tusk greaser. Works great...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts