Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am curious to find out if anyone has a tip on how to remove the cooked on dirt/mud off of the exhaust pipe? I cant seem to find anything that works, any tips much appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like to wash my quad after getting it muddy of coarse letting it cool down 1st

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mean Green degreaser and a pressure washer if it is really caked on there. Where in Atlanta are you located? We ride all around the Jackson area all the time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the exhaust itself? might be some rust to, got a picture?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm interested as well. I was gonna spray it down with wd-40 and go at it with a brass wire brush?...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I Don't use one( pressure washer). I wash after every ride. I think the OP and myself are talking about some really baked on stuff from muddy water hitting hot exhaust. Mainly on the headpipe area. I'll take a pic next time I'm out there.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Pressure washer works for me.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
spray the pipes with hi heat ceramic paint...the good stuff...not rustoleum....do a few coats..should help with getting mud off....that paint you have to spray on..cook it on with exhaust heat an do again...works good

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mean Green degreaser and a pressure washer if it is really caked on there. Where in Atlanta are you located? We ride all around the Jackson area all the time.
I am in Roswell, I have never riddin in Jackson, do you ride on private property or is there state parks I do not know about?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a pict, a pressure washer doesn't seem to get it off for me... That being said I only use one when I am at a park using it at the washdown area. IMG_0925.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spray the pipes with hi heat ceramic paint...the good stuff...not rustoleum....do a few coats..should help with getting mud off....that paint you have to spray on..cook it on with exhaust heat an do again...works good

Hmm, I just might of found a weekend project! Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Here is a pict, a pressure washer doesn't seem to get it off for me... That being said I only use one when I am at a park using it at the washdown area. View attachment 15945
Yea thats pretty much baked on. Looks like your engine and coolant/oil lines are discolored as well. Hand scrubbing with ajax might get u some where? Paint scrapper on the exhaust or wire brush.

·
Registered
815 Posts
this on an angle grinder will take it right off. Then repaint the whole exhaust with a high heat glossy finish ceramic paint. Wont stick/bake any more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only high temp ceramic paint I could find in glossy had a rating of 500 degrees. Will this work? All the higher temp paint was in flat colors.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Here is a pict, a pressure washer doesn't seem to get it off for me... That being said I only use one when I am at a park using it at the washdown area. View attachment 15945
Looks like mine.
What I wanna know is how is the rest of the underside of our ATV look so clean??:what:

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol. That's just after she got a bath using the motorcycle cleaner S100 I mentioned in another thread.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm trying that. I'm always skeptical of those type if things but that looks like it works!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts