Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Hope that this is a easy answer to my question. I have the original tires and wheels on my 2004 sportsman 700. Fronts are
AT 205/80R12. Rear is AT 270/60R12. My question is will the tires from a Polaris ranger crew fit? A bubbly
In my duck club has some that he took off when he upgraded to better tires.
Thanks
Phil

·
9,401 Posts
Well, that question is real easy to answer... MAYBE
It all depends on what kind of Ranger crew you're talking about (year, model, size, options package) as to what size tires it has on it and that
Looks like all the Ranger crew variants have 9" wide front tires at least 26" tall (some have 28") so you may have a clearance problem with his tires on your stock rims rubbing the tie rod ends or struts... maybe not??
It often depends on the particular tire and how its made.
To get more clearance for wider tires you can add spacers or use rims with more offset.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P500....Thanks for he response. I'll check and see what the above info is and get back. If they don't work, I was looking at maybe some ITP mudlites. I got to get some tires before next hunting season. Them rice fields are tough to get out of when there 's nutin to wench to. And I'm getting to old to man handle these machines these days.:)
Thanks
Phil

·
9,401 Posts
I'd suggest looking at something other than mudlites. Not very durable or well made in my experience.
Several of my friends run Tusk Trilobites and like them. A lot of guys on here like Kenda Bearclaws too. Both are reasonably priced and perform well but there are others.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pman....thanks for pointing out the "Kenda's". I did a google search and found some. Really like the tread patterns and how aggressive looking they are. Only problem is I need to convert my Carlisle's ###'s. This is the tire size on them now.......
AT 205-80R12............ ( 25-8-12 fronts?)
AT 270-60R12.............(26-11-12 rears?)
And I wondering if I could go bigger a size for more clearance?
Thanks for the info. Any help I can get is a BIG help.
Phil

·
9,401 Posts
I'm not sure about your number conversions?? It should have same height tires front and rear I think but maybe not on that old a machine. All front tires I'm aware of 26" and up are 9" wide. It don't take much to get the clearance needed. Some guys move the tie rod ends to attach UNDER the strut ears or add some washers under the rim on the studs but I don't really like those solutions much. Just a thin spacer or 4+3 offset rims are better in my opinion. Some tires/brands might work without adding anything more but I can't say for sure which ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir.. I'm of the same opinion...I don't like to use spacers. I would rather get the deep dish rims and the taller tires and go.
I looked at the other tires.....Tusk Trilobites ... but I like the Kenda's better.
thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH.....That is the numbers off the tires. Carlisle Badlands XTRa. Came from the factory with them on it.

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Get the 26" HTRs mounted up on some ITP Delta Steels and you'll be golden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts