Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 700 sportsman. I bought a set of aftermarket wheels off ebay and bought some factory takeoffs from the dealer to put on them. They look great and I got what I thought was a good deal. I have noticed though that when I get up to speed the fronts vibrate side to side a little and cause the handle bars to vibrate a little. Its not uncontrolable just anoying. Slow there is no issue just at speed. My question is can these be balanced like a car tire? Has anyone ever had there after market tires and wheels balanced?
Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
That sounds more like a tire is out of round or a bent rim.You can take them to an auto tire shop and have them look while they are on a spin balancer.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah, agreed with slider. shouldnt have to balance a ATV tire, its actually hard to do with the nobbies on it. something else is up

·
Registered
667 Posts
atv tires are not hard to balance if you know what you are doing. the problem with atv tires is there are so many that are out of round. the ITP XTR is one of the worst for this. i have a xtr here that looks like an egg when i spun it on are balancer at work. itp did warranty it for me. ITP was not surprised when i talked to there tech support and told them i had a XTR that looks like a egg.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If your tire is out of round,you can break it down and turn the tire 180* on the rim."Sometimes" that will work if you dont have a warranty.You might want to check your front end parts also if it is vibrating side to side.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will take them doun to the tire shop and see what they can do. I will let you know if they can smooth them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts