Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new tires on the way. Bear claw HTR. Do I need to balance them or is that unnecessary?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
I have never balanced my tires. I also don't ride at high speeds except on a rare occasion where I may get up to 50ish for a short distance. Other than that, I'm low speed in the rocks where balancing would make zero difference. For me, balancing would be a waste of money.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I was thinking. Don't do a ton of high speed riding( above 35 mph ). Probably skip it

·
Registered
964 Posts
Shouldn't be necessary...unless you find the tires are so unbalanced. I'd pass...

Looking forward to a review...and pics of the HTR's.

biz
:)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good price. May as well for that.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I like to balance mine. But I too rarely go fast enough to matter. Tires do not require balance until a maintained 35 -40 mph is reached. So id would say that MOST of us its not require it.

You can have them balanced with stick on weights or with internal balancing. I use this on my jeeps as the rock gremlins love wheel weights and rides home at 60 on the highway with unbalanced tires is FREAKIN SCARY!! LOL

CW

Edit; https://www.google.com/search?q=dynabeads&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shouldn't be necessary...unless you find the tires are so unbalanced. I'd pass...

Looking forward to a review...and pics of the HTR's.

biz
:)
Short rip in the ditch. Have to go down tar to get there. TOTALLY CHANGES handling characteristics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I figure the treads are gonna be full of rocks and mud bits so they won't really stay balanced anyway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just dropped my wheel kit off to get balanced. I am running mudlites again but went with the XTR's and they shake bad starting about 30 mph. Some of our trail connect by short road runs so it does get a little irritating.

I never had to get my regular mudlites balanced but the tires guys tell me the radial models are terrible for balance and don't be surprised if some take as much as 6 oz.

Wish I would have known that before I ordered that wheel kit...I think I would have went bighorn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts