Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2012 sportsman, I tried to install moose brand chains for the front tires and they're rubbing my tie rod bushing and slightly on the shock. They are installed correctly as far as I can tell, I'm wondering if wheel spacers can fix this. I was just going to use some of the same size flat washers

·
Registered
450 Posts
No. Do not use stacked washers as a ghetto spacer.

You can get a pair of spacers from Amazon for less than $100. Don't screw up your wheel studs with washers. You'll marr up the threads, then you'll be looking at replacing the studs before you can fully seat your wheel on the studs again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah just took chains off front for now just looking for a reply give me info if possible use washer or not thanks a lot wheel spacers is next investment! Had front jacked up heard bad grinning noise something like moose call when spin the wheel freely any idea what that could be? 500 sportman with 2000kms

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking here... Proper grammar would help...

If you're asking what the grinding noise is when you have the quad on jackstands, and you have snow chains on, then it's probably the chains rubbing, as you indicated originally.

If you're asking what the grinding noise is when you have the quad on jackstands, without snow chains on, then you need to be more specific about where the grinding noise is coming from.

Does it sound like it's coming from the CV boot/hub/brake area?

Does it sound like it's coming from the front diff?

If you can't isolate the sound by ear, then try putting your hand on different parts while you rotate the wheel. You should be able to feel the grinding vibrations as you rotate the wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha sorry should not post when drunk! I had the chains off and it still on jack stands spinning the right side wheel sounds like grinding is coming from the diff (front)but sometime I spin the wheel full rotation and nothing other times won't stop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts