Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 850X2 and preparing it for ice fishing. I have chains on the rear tires and was planning on putting some on the front tires. I have the stock tires on front and back.

I have read several posts on my ice fishing forum that you can't put chains on the front of polaris' because there is note enough clearance around the shock.

No specifics on the models or years they are commenting about but just Polaris in general.

My question to the XP owners is; has anyone put chains on stock front tires of an XP around the same year as my 2011?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
you have to strap them so tight with bungies I took them off, a good set on the back, you don't need them on the front or even 4 wheel drive them chains are crazy traction

·
Registered
169 Posts
Like Indy said, you really only need them for the rear tires. I have them on mine with the stock tires and I get plenty of traction. When I was out several weeks ago, other ATV's were getting stuck and never once did I even come close.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
if you think turning will be a issue and it was not for me but allot of guys put the ice screws in the front for turning

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys....saved me the headache of ordering the chains and having to return them. Never even crossed my mind there would be a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts