Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I need some help please.

I have a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP - EPS, I have the stock Aluminum spoked 14" rims, what is the biggest tires I can run without having clearence issues and any tire recommendations.

I am looking for an agressive type tire.

Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,416 Posts
What kind of riding will they be for? Rocks, mudding, fast trails?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I also have 27's with tons of room.

I have heard of people running 30's with no lift, and minimal rubbing.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Need more info on your style of riding. There is no tire more aggressive than an outlaw or silverback. You can fit 30" tires on an XP with the shocks cranked up.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My 26" bighorns rub but only after I added Koplin fender extentions. I was able to trim but it still rubs occassionally. I would recommend an outside mounted fender extension if your running bigger tires or you run the risk of rubbing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I vote 29.5" outlaw 2s.

Here is a buddy's 850xp with 2" lift and 31" outlaws.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies

Sorry for the long time to reply to the question, Mud and trails type riding.

Should I put the same size front and back? regarding the width.

I found the brand "Duro Power Grip Radials" come in the exact size of the stock tires

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you guys think I could run ITP MEGA MAYHEM with no issues??

Front: 27x9x14 - Rear 27x11x14

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the replies

Sorry for the long time to reply to the question, Mud and trails type riding.

Should I put the same size front and back? regarding the width.

I found the brand "Duro Power Grip Radials" come in the exact size of the stock tires
JUNK, JUNK, JUNK, did I say JUNK!!!!LOL!
I now run 'em .......as soon as I can off they come and a different tire goes on!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Do you guys think I could run ITP MEGA MAYHEM with no issues??

I've got the 28's with lots of room,but they run short.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK,

Well I think I made my choice, I think the Mega Mayhem's will be too agressive so I am going with:

Interco Swamp Lite

What you guys think??

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
OK,

Well I think I made my choice, I think the Mega Mayhem's will be too agressive so I am going with:

Interco Swamp Lite

What you guys think??
The Swamp lites are a great tire unless you ride a lot on pavement. They wear like crazy on asphalt. I have had Swamp Lits, Mud Lites and now Bighorns. The swamp lites did well traction wise and had a smooth ride but they sucked on wear, I rode 20 miles on ashphalt once and lost 1/4" of tread...ugh!.

The Mud Lites were a great all around tire and held up better than the swamp lites but gave a rough ride at slow speeds but were more agressive in the mud.

The Bighorns I now have are just a great tire all around as they give great traction and appear as they will last forever as I have put on 1000 miles and not any descernable wear. If I ever have to buy another set it will be Bighorns again. Just my two cents based on my experience.

·
Registered
399 Posts
OK,

Interco Swamp Lite

What you guys think??
Had those, they are soft and wear fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im runnin 28 mega mayhems on mine and they do great.. i do alot of trail and deep mud/water ridin on my '13 850 and i really like the mayhems. They are a lil sketchy tryin to climb a hard slick surface as the treads like to dance on top at first. But they do great in mud!! I would recommend them if you are lookin for a good mud tire but aint wantin somethin like the outlaw or silverback

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have stock wheels but I ran 29.5 outlaw 2's s/w with out a lift and rubbed in the back on occasion when loaded down with me and full ice chest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts