Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey on my 2005 sportsman 500 i have 26-9-12's on the front and 26-11-12's on the rear will 26-8-12's for the front and 26-10-12's fit on my stock rims ? also what are the disadvantages of having a tire thats not as wide? The tires i was looking at were Carlisle ACT Radial Tires are they any good ?

Thanks, Jake

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts
The narrower tires will mount just fine on those wheels. Don't know if I've ever heard of anyone going down in size like that. Personally, I would not put Carlisle ACT's on anything. Not really that great of a tire. Don't know how much you are looking to pay for them, but I would shop around a little and buy a good trail tire. It really is worth it. Unless you are getting them for free, or super cheap, they just aren't worth buying.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
On better tires a 10" will be damn near as wide as the stocks. Like bobx2 said, good tires are well worth it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No they are stock tires and have no problem I never got the carlises after, i did pick up a set of 26's AMS slingshots 26/9/12 and 26/11/12 have not yet installed them but am told i will need spacers cause of rubbing on TRE, but the people have told me i wont need them what are your opinions ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great tires!!

I have the same tires on my '10 400 but 8's in the front. You may be able to get away with out the spacers but you can always put them on and check them out and throw on the spacers if you need them.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts