·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
I got the black wheels so I could tell mine from my wife's... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I miss that 2006 800, I never should have sold it. That picture was taken 3 weeks before it was sold, it still looked new. Had 231 hrs & 3112 miles, I just wanted power steering! I posted it on Craig's list for an ungodly amount hoping to tell the wife "see no one wants it". In less than 3 hrs had a guy drive 1 1/2 hrs to look at it and he bought it for full asking price.

Reactions: bobx2

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I miss that 2006 800, I never should have sold it. That picture was taken 3 weeks before it was sold, it still looked new. Had 231 hrs & 3112 miles, I just wanted power steering! I posted it on Craig's list for an ungodly amount hoping to tell the wife "see no one wants it". In less than 3 hrs had a guy drive 1 1/2 hrs to look at it and he bought it for full asking price.
It’s probably not helping FP but it really did look mint?.

·
Premium Member
9,723 Posts
Yeah I cant get over how many miles and hours your 800 had on it, MINT!!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I took care of it! The guy called me and asked me 1 question "When were the pictures you have posted taken". He said if it looked as good as it does in the posted pictures he was going to take it home with him, then said "I'll see you in 1.5 hrs, Please don't sell it to someone closer". He was a lead technician for a large Harley Davidson dealership and when he walked up the driveway he said "I'll take it". I said "you haven't even seen it run or driven it". He then told me what he did for a living and said "I can tell this is the ATV I've have been looking for for a long time". He did drive it down the driveway and to the corner and he loaded it right onto the trailer he had along. He pulled out a wad of $100s from his pocket and said " I'm giving you full asking price. He was gone 20 minutes later. He still sends a text once in a while telling me its still running strong! I had a pile of extra parts, OEM tires and rims, and a 48" plow that went with it. I purchased it new and had all the receipts, books and CD from new. The CEL is on in the pictures but that's because I didn't have it running when they were taken, just had key on.
230.jpg
cl.jpg
3112.jpg

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
HTR for sure, and stick with 12" wheels. I like the ITP Delta steel wheels. Tough, cheap and have the 4+3 offset you need for the 9" wide fronts.

View attachment 138637
Was actually looking at those ITP wheels. I am curious if you have a part # of the ones that your talking about? Wasn't sure if I would need the offset with the tires.
The ones I am looking at but want to make sure they'll fit are these ones but doesn't show my specific 2014 sportsman 400 in the fitment . it has the 4/156 hole pattern and the 4+3 offset so IO assume its fine. ITP Black Large Bell Delta Steel Wheel - 1225579014 | Dennis Kirk

·
Premium Member
9,723 Posts
yup those are the rim specs you need. 4-156 bolt pattern with a 4+3 offset!! these provide the clearance you need to fit those HTRs.

·
Premium Member
9,723 Posts
Yeah those delta steels are a nice rim!!! you cant beat the price either!!! personally I like bead-locks but what a great platform the delta steels would be if ITP decided to make a bead-lock version!!

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Nice I ordered the tires yesterday. The bear claw K587's and Ill be ordering those wheels! Thanks
Great choice, and you will love them. The wheels are absolutely bullet proof and a perfect match for the HTR's. I have never had any bead problems running my tires at 4 psi, and even a bit lower in Moab.
Be sure to post some pictures and your thoughts when you get everything mounted up and on the trail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Great choice, and you will love them. The wheels are absolutely bullet proof and a perfect match for the HTR's. I have never had any bead problems running my tires at 4 psi, and even a bit lower in Moab.
Be sure to post some pictures and your thoughts when you get everything mounted up and on the trail.
Will do. I appreciate all the help.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Post up some pictures when mounted.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts