Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...I cant freaking take it anymore...I've been scouring the web for reviews, reading nonstop, and I cant make a decision. The trails I ride consist of alot of hard pack, some loamy/soft leaf covered seasonal stuff, snow is common during winter months (4-10 inches), light mud when I have to..though I dont go searching for it... None of my trails are extreme by any means (Binghamton, NY) I do hunt so they would have to be rugged enough for the occasional nasty retrieval.

Me just looking at it tells me I need a good directional all terrain tire with emphasis on m/s. I have narrowed it down to 3, they will be stock size so I dont have to play the spacer game......

1. GBC Gator
2. Carlisle Black Rock
3. GBC Dirt Devil

Attachments

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Evening NY,

Actually none of these would make my short list. The DD has a good following and has been around for a long time.

Look at the MAXXIS BIG HORNS! I LOVE line and do much the same as you in the same grounds... (Property on Ulster/Sullivan county's) Another choice is the GBC Spartacus/Grim Reapers. You will notice a trend.. I much prefer RADIAL tires.

CW

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Of the three you listed, my choice would be the Dirt Devils!!

Hey CW, how's the code game?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hey CW, how's the code game?
LOL,
I have only ridden here in the yard, but no more codes. I'm hoping I got it beat. I have a spare T-Bap and will bring my 12V tool box.
But won't know till next Sunday when we arrive in Maine again!!

CW

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That's good to hear! Now on to bigger and better things!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I'm on a limited budget or id have Spartacus already
I hear that!

Ween I put rear tires on my wife's Trail Boss. I wanted the Dirt Devils. But couldn't get them in my size with in my time frame.

I also just read a post form another author who very much liked the Dirt Devils too. I read many good reports on them. I would go with a name brand company like GBC.

Give them a try!!

CW

·
Registered
508 Posts
On the site I looked on there's only $4 difference between the dirt comm. and the Spartacus. That's on the 25" tire.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Of the 3 you listed, dirt devils would probably best suit your needs. I've read a lot of good things about gators but they are a paddle mud tire and it sounds like you do more trail than mud. The lug pattern on the DD is similar to the spartacus too.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
On the site I looked on there's only $4 difference between the dirt comm. and the Spartacus. That's on the 25" tire.
If you could get a deal like that its a no brainer if you ask me..

Try one of out supporting members, they offer excellent deals and will do there best to satisfy you.

Here is some more info on the DD's...

CW

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I got a break on a set of 25" GBC Dirt Tamers for a reeeealy good price. My only concern is the rear tire is a 25x9x12.....is the 9" width a problem, or can i get away with the 26's due to the fact that the front is a 9"tire?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
9's in the front might not fit without spacers. Hopefully someone on here runs them and can tell you for sure. My 8" Spartacus barely clear the TRE only 1/8" to spare but as you know every tire is different. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might want to consider Interco Radial Reptiles. It's what I use on my 2005 sportsman 700 and I have ridden in the exact conditions you mention. They are AWESOME and very affordable. I got my setup from ATV Direct with great prices and free shipping, if I remember correctly. Very durable.

Jamey

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd really like to see the 25's on one....the rears concern me with how narrow they are, would flotation in the snow be a concern of would I just dig down and bury myself?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, done deal....got 25" Dirt Commanders coming....$374 to the door. Thanks for all the help guys, I wanted this tire from the start, heard nothing but good on this site about them, couldnt pass up the deal. Begin buyers remorse lmao.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,090 Posts
Of the 3 you picked I am not sure you would enjoy the Gators. They will rude stiffer and are more of a mud tire.

I have a good friend in PA that we put the Black Rock tires on his Honda Rancher. He likes them very much but there are not many choices for the 11 inch rear tire.

The Dirt Devil is a very tough tire that will give you excellent traction. For the best overall comfort and traction you may want to look at either the GBC Grim Reaper or the Spartacus.

Don't forget we guarantee the lowest delivered price on the internet. if someone has a lower price we will beat it.

Here is a link where you can plug in the tire size to see all the choices we have.

ATV Tire Search - Discount Tire Direct

let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Purchased from Discount Tire, J.T. was the sales rep and the price he gave me was the best I found anywhere. I didnt want to spend that much...but that tire really appealed to me from the start.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think you'll really like the Dirt Commanders. I've had mine for a couple of months and I'm very happy with them.

Action

1 - 20 of 30 Posts