Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 850. I am wanting to put a set of 28 outlaw 2 tires on it. I have been reading and asking people I ride with but still can't decide what direction I want to go. I ride a even mix of mud, water, and trails would you guys go with a skinny wide or all skinny set up. I have an extra set of factory wheels so I could put front wheels all around if I go all skinny. Also I have been hearing people spinning their rim around the tire unless they have beadlock wheels. Should I get a set of beadlock wheels?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I would go with skinny's up front and wide in the rear. Unless you're airing wayyy down, I wouldn't think you'd have problems spinning the wheel in the tire, but if you're worried about it, bead locks ain't that much more expensive than regular rims in the long run.

The outlaw is a pretty aggressive tire, depending on how much trail you ride, it might be a negative. Not sure, I've never rode on outlaws... Should be great for churning through the clay and swamps of MS though.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
It's the deep thick stuff that makes the rims slip. In most conditions it won't be an issue. I would look at the outlaw radials if you like the outlaw tires. Similar design to the OL2 but smoother on the trails and good in the mud too. I just picked up a line of them and can get you a set of 28x9x14 and 28x12x14 shipped for about $900. Not sure how that compares to anyone else as I just got setup yesterday with them and haven't shopped around myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts