Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at two tire options. One is meant for a side by side but seems to fit my needs very well. The other seems like my best option.

1) My needs are great resistance to desert tire punctures.
2) Traction on hard pack and loose gravel/rocks
3) DOT approved radial tire
4) Competent sand traction
5) Great wear for street use

I really don't want to increase my final drive ratio or rotational mass unless it is the only way to accomplish the above requirements and that IMHO is a negative for the Kanati Mongrel 27X14 Smallest 14" tire they offer in this model.

What I'm looking at is the 27x15 Kanati Mongrel radial tire or the Sedona Rip Saw 26X14. I really am open to any ideas but they must meet my above mentioned requirements.

I think that I like the 10 ply rating of the Mongrel but am concerned about the higher final drive ratio of a 27" tire and the additional weight of a 10 ply rated tire.

I have already established on this forum that my use of an ATV is at best ATV abuse. So modifications that add to that abuse must be offset by benefits that are needed.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Go with the mongrels and get a clutch kit, 27s are not that big.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put the GBC Dirt Commanders that came on my RZR on my Sportsman. They have been awesome and 27" is just right for the 570. Doesn't need a clutch kit IMO.

I've considered the Mongrels for my RZR as a HD dirt and desert and rock tire, as a backup. A lot of the RZR guys really like them. They are a bit heavy though. But any tire that meets your requirements will be.

The only other I can think of that fits the bill in your size is the STI Chicane RX

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have made my decision and now I wonder where the best place to buy is?

The winner for me at this point is the 27x15 Kanati Mongrel 10ply radial tire set. I just have to figure out how to get the best deal I can. So far $476.88 with free shipping is the best I have found so far. The rub is it is a 2 to 3 month or more wait for delivery... LOL.

Any better ideas or sources you guys might have? Discount tire bowed out within seconds of that price quote LOL!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have made my decision and now I wonder where the best place to buy is?

The winner for me at this point is the 27x15 Kanati Mongrel 10ply radial tire set. I just have to figure out how to get the best deal I can. So far $476.88 with free shipping is the best I have found so far. The rub is it is a 2 to 3 month or more wait for delivery... LOL.

Any better ideas or sources you guys might have? Discount tire bowed out within seconds of that price quote LOL!
Rockymountain was good to deal with and price matched as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts