1 brand
2 size
3 good points
4 bad points

thanks guys

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
This is the best picture I can find of my Tires right now.

STI Black Diamond ATR's
25"x8x12/25"x10x12
Clean out well, great traction, smooth ride.
Haven't had them long enough to find any bad parts yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can't seem to get pics to post here. I have 17in Rip Saws on our 850 touring. The plus side is that they seem to wear like iron and have excellent traction. The area between the knobs is small so they should not get any rock damage. The down side is that they are really heavy

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
17" that's tiny. lol, I'll assume you meant 27"?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Currently I have factory tires installed,.......kinda.
Ordered a set of BigHorns last night.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Bear Claws & Carlises

My 98 has BearClaws, 25x8x12 fronts & 25x12.5x10 rears (nice & fat!).
My 10 has factory crappy carlises-yes they suck!

Bearclaws kenda 299s (6 ply) ride smooth, quite, self clean & handle all the cactus i can throw at em! Oh and they seem to wear nicely on packed/loose soil/grass/sand.

carlisles are Fast wearing, ok riding, ok cleaning & seem rugged with the cactus also, but I've gotten more slow leaks on those than the bear claws (just emtpy tire of air and refill with nothing but fixaflat-permanent repair for me).

I think i want bearclaw htrs (8 ply) for the '10 next Christmas!

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
Bighorn 2.0s
25x8-12, 25x10-12

These are definitely great tires. They're awesome in the rocks, dirt, snow, and moderate mud. They definitely excel in slippery and wet conditions, though they're not outstanding mud tires, but they've gotten the job done for me in decent mud (maybe 18in deep). They do clean out very well. Tread is average depth. Wear has been excellent - I don't have thousands of miles to judge by yet, but they really don't show any signs of chunking or tearing lugs. They're only a couple of pounds heavier than stock. I did not notice any loss of power at all on my 400. The weight difference between the 2.0s and the originals varies depending on the size of the tire. For the 25" size, the difference was substantial enough that going with the 2.0s was advantageous. I believe that the difference is less substantial at the 26" size.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Traxion Grippers
27x9x14, 27x11x14

Pro's

Run true to Size
Wear like steel
Look great
A forum Vendor
Free Shipping (even in Canada)

Con's

Not radial
Ride a tad bumpy <5 mph on Pavement

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks to all for sharing. Another item that would be helpful is installed height to know if tires are true to size or short.
Great thread for those of us in the market for tires.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Thanks to all for sharing. Another item that would be helpful is installed height to know if tires are true to size or short.
Great thread for those of us in the market for tires.

Thanks again.
installed height is always going to very depending on the PSI in the tire and the weight of the machine and location of said weight. at 7 PSI my BD's sit at 25" at 2.5 PSI they're closer to 23.5" tall. It's the circumference that matters and doesn't change with the PSI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts