Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 850 xp ho currently I have a flat right front tire. I am thinking about going with a different brand the Carlisle my question is can I use a 26x9-14 tire on the front with stock rims?? had the tire plugged still leaking btw. I also searched the forum and didn't see this question any where.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a 2013 850 xp ho currently I have a flat right front tire. I am thinking about going with a different brand the Carlisle my question is can I use a 26x9-14 tire on the front with stock rims?? had the tire plugged still leaking btw. I also searched the forum and didn't see this question any where.
I feel you pain I have a 2013 1 month old and had a nail in my front! Plugged also. I don't like riding with a plug that could easily get pulled out on a trail ride etc. I just ordered 4 new tires for mine from Chaparrel Motorsports web site. I ordered them and they were here in 2 days free shipping. I went with IPT Mudlites XL. I kept original rim size just went 2 inches wider on the rear. My wifes 335 Polaris had ITP mudlites 6 ply and I have no problem with mud,roots,rocks etc. In fact I use 4X4 less since I put them on. I am now trying yo sell the Carlisle 489's with only 70 actual miles on them. The Carlisle's are only 4 ply and way over priced. There are many superior tires for the same price or just a lil more...Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Search craigslist or ask your dealer for new take offs. Lots of people take stocks off instantly. Otherwise they are way overpriced.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
To answer your question, yes, you can put 26-9-14 on your stock rims with no problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer your question, yes, you can put 26-9-14 on your stock rims with no problems.
Thank you you for a direct answer. One more question will it hurt the 4 wheeler if i run a different brand and different tread on the front and still run stock tires on the back?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Thank you you for a direct answer. One more question will it hurt the 4 wheeler if i run a different brand and different tread on the front and still run stock tires on the back?
As long as they are the same height it won't hurt anything. I see people do this all the time without problems.

Ronnie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts