Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys long time no talk, after ice fishing in deepish snow it's time to replace the stock tires on my 2011 550. Fronts are 26-8-14 rears are 26-10-14.

I understand 14 is the rim size, 8,10 are the width? What is the 26 number?

Next question could I get away with running a 27-9-14 in the front and 27-11-14 in the rear???

Thanks

Neal

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That is the tire diameter.. 26"

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You can run a bit wider but it depends on the tire. Some have correct sizes and some are as much as an inch off. I stayed with the stock width to avoid needing to use spacers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not seeing a lot of the correct size on the sites I've looked at.

I'm eyeing these up, Interco Swamp Lite

Other wise I'll probably order somthing outta the parts unlimited book at my buddies store

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Check with Thor on this site. He has a lot of experience with what tires will fit what wheel. Also has good prices on tires. I bought my 'Reapers from him.

·
Registered
944 Posts

Other wise I'll probably order somthing outta the parts unlimited book at my buddies store
Check the tire manufacture's website. Maybe they make the size you want but the retailers who you've checked aren't carrying it. If so, keep looking, someone will have your size.....Amazon ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Check the tire manufacture's website. Maybe they make the size you want but the retailers who you've checked aren't carrying it. If so, keep looking, someone will have your size.....Amazon ?
Yea even on amazon the closest I've found are what I posted above

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should have no problem running those tires. I have a 2010 XP 550 and have plenty of clearance. However, if you use a 4'x8' trailer, the atv might be too wide for it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you mike, I normally load into my truck bed

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did a google search to look at pictures I got brought back to the forum a few times to guys on here running them thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts