Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2009 550xp and looking to buy tires this week and was wondering is it ok to run (stock is 26x8x14 front, 26x10x14 rear) a 26x9x14 front and a 26x11x14 rear?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Either way that size will fit without issue. Depending on their weight you may end up wanting to do a little clutch work to get your bottom end and mid range back. I lost a lot with the Ripsaws, but they are very heavy- 40lbs I think on the rims.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If im correct the front are 24 pounds and backs are like 26 thats per tire no rims

·
Registered
668 Posts
Some one correct me if I am wrong. Isn't there a sway bar issue with 09s with wider than 10" rear tires? It is an easy fix though. Should be posts on this forum about that. Polaris changed the design for 2010 and was no longer an issue. Need more input from 2009 owners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am running 28" Zillas...no power issues whatsoever..the cluthc setup factory was very snappy...tamed that down a little bit but I ahev thought about clutches but have found no real need for them...its still snappy if you hit the gass froma dea stop it likes to darn near crack yer neck if not ready for it

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got my gorilla silverback tires put on today everything clears, rough riding till about 8mphs then it smooths out. Now I just need some mud!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
let me know how you like them in the mud, I'd currently torn between these and zilla's

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill let you know, buy them from discount tires there the cheapest i found 374 dollars for 2 26x9x14 and 2 26x11x14 free ups shipping, i ordered them monday and got them today.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Let us know how they wear.

To me they look like worn down normal silverbacks. But i imagine the zillas wear a bit better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am running 28" Zillas...no power issues whatsoever..the cluthc setup factory was very snappy...tamed that down a little bit but I ahev thought about clutches but have found no real need for them...its still snappy if you hit the gass froma dea stop it likes to darn near crack yer neck if not ready for it
x2....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts