Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have a 2019 Sportsman 850 SP and going to upgrade the tires next spring from stock. I’m getting a Clutch kit from RVS at the same for 27”-28” tires. I really like the look of STI Outback Max tires but they only come in 27”x10”x14” for what I’m looking for. My question is what does having the same tire size on all 4 corners effect driving and such compared to say a 27x9x14 and 27x11x14? If I didn’t go with the STIs I’d prolly go with some ITP XTRs in the latter size.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Actually it’s the 2020 Scrambler XP 1000 S that has 27 x 9 Duro PowerGrip II on all four corners. My mistake. I actually am intrigued by the same on all four corners and may try it in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Well IMHO the negative side of a wide front is floating felling in the steering. Clearance issues. Weight and all the added problems that brings about. Steering isn't as precise. The tire being bigger gets hung up more on trail obstacles, grabs to much crap. I'm a skinny front fat in the back kinda guy :devil, lol. But if I had to choose it would be skinny on all four corners over wide on all four.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well IMHO the negative side of a wide front is floating felling in the steering. Clearance issues. Weight and all the added problems that brings about. Steering isn't as precise. The tire being bigger gets hung up more on trail obstacles, grabs to much crap. I'm a skinny front fat in the back kinda guy
, lol. But if I had to choose it would be skinny on all four corners over wide on all four.
I was reading a little more about it and decided not to go that route as I would have to prolly buy new rims. I guess the stock 14” rims are 6” wide in the front and 7” in the back. So I’ll just stick with the 9” in front and 11” in rear lol.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Unless you're doing a specific type of hardcore riding like mudding or GNCC I think 9 fronts and 11-12 rears are the way to go!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Definitely skinny for all four. FWIW the Scrambler I mentioned uses 9” (skinny) all around. Having to buy new rear rims might keep me from that experiment also!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts