Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought 25/8/12 fronts and 25/10/12 rear maxxis mud bugs i love the tires but the sizes are way off the are only 23 inches tall? what is up with this are all tire sizes way off i have lost alot of ground clearence. and i went on a poker run this last weekend and i see alot of people run 26/12/12 rears and keep 26/8/12 on the front can i run these on my 11 500 ho i have a clutch kit on it but would i need spacers ? any help would be great thanks oh i would like to keep stock rims but i also see people running offset rims is there a advantage to running offset rims?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
ok i just bought 25/8/12 fronts and 25/10/12 rear maxxis mud bugs i love the tires but the sizes are way off the are only 23 inches tall? what is up with this are all tire sizes way off i have lost alot of ground clearence. and i went on a poker run this last weekend and i see alot of people run 26/12/12 rears and keep 26/8/12 on the front can i run these on my 11 500 ho i have a clutch kit on it but would i need spacers ? any help would be great thanks oh i would like to keep stock rims but i also see people running offset rims is there a advantage to running offset rims?
With the clutch kit you should have no problem turning the 26" tires.

As long as you can stay with a 8" wide tire on the front you should be good to go. However, aftermarket tires are hard to come by with a 8" width. And anything over 8" will require either spacers or aftermarket wheels.

The offset wheels you're talking about will give you a wider stance thus more lateral stability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts