Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first ATV several days ago and I'm wondering if I should use tire slime or some other similar product in the tires. I'm aware of the benefit but I don't know if there are any cons.

I'll also ride with a plug kit and small air pump.

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
I depends, where I ride my tires have suffered many small cuts from sharp rocks here in the north east in between the treads and my tires wouldn't hold air from one ride to the next. I have used ultraseal and highlifters tire sealant. Only negative I can see is when changing a tire with sealant in it can get messy.

·
Super Moderator
7,166 Posts
I would just go with the plug kit and compressor for now and see how things go. No reason to put stuff in your tires unless you actually need it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Slime sucks and is corrosive. High Lifter sell some stuff that works really good, even prevents tires coming off the bead. They're pretty proud of it though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if you're gonna change your own tires, avoid that mess.

if you're gonna let some other bastid change them, be sure to throw him a few extra bucks for that mess.

if you inflate your tires at home and never drain condensation from your air compressor tank, the slime will never dry.

obviously, my vote is for a plug kit and a tiny, less-than-$15, 12v compressor. ironically, i bought a little compressor like this marketed under the SLIME brand name. hahaha

·
Registered
545 Posts
less-than-$15, 12v compressor. ironically, i bought a little compressor like this marketed under the SLIME brand name. hahaha
New Year's night I I'm assuming I slipped a bead or something but, this exact little pump after 20 minutes had my 31OG inflated & I was back up & going. I recommend carrying one.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I use LiquiTube, and love it. Go to their website and watch some videos and read what they are all about, pretty cool stuff. I use it on all my machines and even through winter months I don't have to add air, my tires stay the same psi no matter what. I was getting gallons on ebay for under $60 shipped.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Slime sucks and is corrosive. High Lifter sell some stuff that works really good, even prevents tires coming off the bead. They're pretty proud of it though.

Not sure if I would give it that much praise but this is the best sealant around. It did not help at all with my sidewall punctures which isn't it's fault but it will help with any issue on the bottom of the tire.

Tire plugs (lots of them) and rubber cement are your best friend. I had to Quadra-Plug a sidewall cut and it is still holding 200 miles later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts