Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some new tires for the new 570. In the past I usually ran mudlites on my machines. I am wanting to go to tire that works for mud, will somewhat paddle some water and soupy stuff but still rides decent. I would like to go to a 27" tire if possible. Probably run the 9.5" all the way around so not too much power is robbed. 12" or 14" is another question? Was looking at radial outlaws but $1400 for rims and tires has got me thinking otherwise. I also do not want to have to use a lift. I'd like to avoid too many drivetrain issues. Not a huge mudder at all. I'm in the marsh and rice fields constantly hunting ducks and my deer lease gets wet and stays that way when it rains.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

·
Registered
422 Posts
While not a true "mud tire", I like the STI Black Diamonds in XTR flavor on my 570. Had in the ice and mud and did very well. They ride 100% better than the stockers. Great "all around" tire IMHO.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If you liked mudlites, why not give the zillas a try? Keep in mind, some tires run short. The zillas run 1/2" -1" shorter than advertised. And I believe the 27" executioners, are actually 26"

IMO stick with 12" rims. More sidewall, less flats, smoother ride.
Also you should be able to clear 27 or 28" zillas no problem, with no lift.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
x2 on the zillas. They're like mudlights on steroids but do run small as mentioned.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a place to gind true tire sizes? I'm wanting a bit more aggressive than mudlites this time around.

·
Registered
434 Posts
x3 on the zillas i used to run mulites the zillas are more aggressive in the mud and give you a smoother ride as well as being a lighter tire, you cant go wrong with zillas there great

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the zillas are y'all referring to zillas or the mudzillas? What's the difference?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The mud zillas are big bad and heavy mud tires. The zilla is a pretty aggressive mud/trail tire with slightly more weight than stock tires. And being just slightly more than stock they are actually a light tire that won't rob power from your machine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know with a better tire it will add weight, I just don't want to add so much weight that it robs too much power. I don't do much if any trail riding. I run the deer lease and duck properties I hunt. One minute I will be in a semi packed type road then creeks or mud flats. I just need the ability to pull decent in mud somewhat paddle to soft stuff and not kill or beat the machine to death.

I know there is no 1 do all tire. I just want as close as possible.

·
Registered
434 Posts
zillas are light i upgraded to 27" and barely noticed a difference over stock

·
Registered
434 Posts
they run a little short 27 are closer to 26 they only come in 9 and 11 wide so unless u have an xp u need wheel spacers or after market different offset rims

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
or you can flip tie rod ends so they dont rub

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they run a little short 27 are closer to 26 they only come in 9 and 11 wide so unless u have an xp u need wheel spacers or after market different offset rims
So if I want a 27" tire I'll need to order 28's. Guess I'll need to see about some offset rims or something ad I don't want to add spacers.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yep and if you go bigger then 28 you probably want to look into a 14" rim

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
For ur needs def zillas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Suggestions for good places online to buy? Probably will go with a package or rims and tires.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts