Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 25x10x12 on the rear and 25x8x12 in front just wondering if I need new rims if I upgrade to 25x11x12 in rear and 25x 10 x12 in front can some body helpalso was wondering about interco swamp lite tires, if they are good for snow, no more than a foot deep, I realize once you bogg down nothing is any good unless its tracks or it rains,,,,,, thanks thomas

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Should work as the last number "rim size" is the most critical and if you are only going an inch wider shouldn't cause an issue. Talk to the tire guys at Rocky Mountain ATV or Chapparal motor-sports to confirm and they have the best prices and some knowledgeable tire guys. swamp lites are a good tire but they wear fast. I preferred Mud Lights but now I'm sold on Bighorns as the do great in mud and wear like my mother-in law on my nerves, so you will get years of use, Discount tire will mount the tires for <$10 each.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
What atv is this on? I am assuming it is a 400-800 non XP model since you have 12" wheels. If so, you will not be able to fit those 10" wide tires in the front. You will either need wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with a 4+3 offset. As far as swamplites go, I ran them for a while on my grizzly 700. They do not clean out well in thick mud, and I found them do ok in snow, but if there was any amount of ice they did not hook up well. Also like stated, they are light and have a soft rubber compound, so they will wear quickly on hardpack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info I am gratefull,guess I will stick with my Carlisle 489s for now but will make a size upgrade, with spacer, besides the 500ho is bad on cornering, so spaceers will be better, and as for the ice, I will use my chains, work great in snow as well, as for chains just spot weld where theylock and they wont let go when its minus 30, and colder like the weather now in newfoundland...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
the stock tires suck. if you're changing tires get away from the Carlisles. There are a ton of other options out there that work really well in snow. Do more research and jump on something. I picked up a set of STI Black Diamond ATRs for mine. They have great reviews in all conditions. and Bear claws have had good reviews as well. Just because you can't go wider, doesn't mean you can't upgrade your tires to something that works better for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts