Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my dealer about my eps being intermittent and he asked me if I had aggressive tires on it because the eps will act up with them on, too much shaking. Has anyone else been told this or heard of it?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have not. But sounds logical. I'm sure Polaris didn't design the PS system to be used with huge tires. A lot of extra stress on the system. But this is the risk we take when we mod our machines and then we wonder why things stop working and breaking. Kinda like all the guys with huge tires and stock axels and dog Polaris because they break.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it turns out it is my voltage regulator putting out too many volts, over 18 when reved up and no warranty over 6 months

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
so what's that going to cost you? could be worse. Could have been the larger mass of the tires and axles burning out the motor. not that that's not still a possibility later on down the road.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what's that going to cost you? could be worse. Could have been the larger mass of the tires and axles burning out the motor. not that that's not still a possibility later on down the road.
$220 for the regulator and to be honest with you I don't think the larger tires would burn out the eps because it is actually easier to steer as there is not as much tire touching the ground because of the lugs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts