Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 2012 500's ...what would yall recommend for tires and rims? what size?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
i have 2 2012 500's ...what would yall recommend for tires and rims? what size?
What type of riding do you do?

I am hoarding for a set of 26" Reptile Radials.

Radial Reptile | Interco Tire

And I think I want a set of SS216 wheels.

ITP TIRES - The World's #1 ATV Aftermarket Tire & Wheel Source :: SS216

No Limit wheels are nice too, yo can customize them, colours included.

Build Custom ATV Wheels Online | No Limit Wheels

Once you increase tire sizes, you may want to add a clutch kit. Compamies like QSC, Dalton are excellent companies.

Good luck, and enjoy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing crazy...little mud and trails....south louisiana!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been watching, listening, and dreaming about tires for some time as well. I sprung for a new set of ITP SS212 rims and I'm going to wear out my factory Carlisle AT489's first. They are serving me well for what/where I ride for now. However when the time comes to buy new boots I will be looking very hard at the 26 inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's or the ITP Terracross tires as my primary choices. Couple of others, but not likely. I ride various trails consisting of sand, clay, rip rap rocks, and plain old dirt. I have no desire to run in mega mud or swamps up to the seat so do not need a "mud" tire. Your riding style and preferred terrain will determine what you get. And your Visa limit:) Good luck.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I've been watching, listening, and dreaming about tires for some time as well. I sprung for a new set of ITP SS212 rims and I'm going to wear out my factory Carlisle AT489's first. They are serving me well for what/where I ride for now. However when the time comes to buy new boots I will be looking very hard at the 26 inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's or the ITP Terracross tires as my primary choices. Couple of others, but not likely. I ride various trails consisting of sand, clay, rip rap rocks, and plain old dirt. I have no desire to run in mega mud or swamps up to the seat so do not need a "mud" tire. Your riding style and preferred terrain will determine what you get. And your Visa limit:) Good luck.
Would you have a pic?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just ordered them. Should be in in a week or so:( Will do when I get them:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Local cycle shop. Orange Motorsports. Pretty much the same $'s as Royal Distributing and said he would swap all 4 tires over to new rims for $20 for all 4. Rims were back ordered. Not sure, but have a look a the Royal Distributing sales flyer. They have a bunch of rims on sale pretty much half price. I tried to snag some STI C7's at $50 a rim, but they were sold out across the board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts