Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the stock tires and rims that came on my 2005 scrambler 500 4x4. They seem OK but trying to go through some mud holes leaving me using the winch. Watching other people with similar sized quads going through without issue raises the question in my mind about my tires. I am fairly new at the world of ATV's and upon looking at other peoples tires around the park, I notice that almost everyone has a tire with tread that looks like paddles. Where mine are more like spikes. The riding I do is primarily trail / hill climbing and mudding. I do riding in snow but not nearly as often. So with all that being said, I would like to purchase new tires and a nice set of rims later this year.

What is everyones opinion on the type of tire I should get for this type of riding? I don't think I could go much larger on the scrambler but a larger tire would be nice for those deeper mud holes. Theres so many tires out there and with my lack of experience, I thought it would be best to ask everyone on here first. Thanks guys...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts