Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

@polman500 I was actually referring to the 30"+ club, who use their quad as a submarine. If you are one of those people馃槓馃槓馃槓
Oh no! Not me Phearless. I've got scuba gear for that kind of activity.
I've been riding dirt machines since about 6 and going underwater since about 16.
I may be a hick from out in the sticks but I'm smart enough to know you can't do both at the same time LOL!! (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Finally got nice weather so I could take some pics. I have added: 29 Maxxis Viprs, RVS Clutch kit, Iron Baltic A Arm guards, and CECCO front and rear frame braces.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Here is my XP 1000 next to my stock 570.

Attachments

Registered
Are the frame braces necessary with the 2018+ models? I thought that Polaris fixed the issue with the 2018 models.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I wasn't aware they have changed the frame on any of the 1000s except the new all new 1000 S. The 1000 S has a whole new frame. I added them just for insurance since I am putting more strain on the frame running big tires and climbing steep rocky trails. I will be adding the CECCO rear diff brace and CVT access brace next.

Registered
You should get the Cecco pinion cover too unless Polaris has improved their OEM ones. They break and cause a very expensive repair.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
You should get the Cecco pinion cover too unless Polaris has improved their OEM ones. They break and cause a very expensive repair.
Do you have to pull the entire diff out to change the pinion cover or can you do it in the machine?

Registered
2018 and newer have an improved pinion cover. They are now steel instead of aluminum. If you swap it out, let me know. I could use a steel cover for my 15 850.

D

Registered
ttulr3, you can do it in the machine. Just have to drain the fluid (I think) and drive out a roll pin and then you can unbolt. It's pretty straight-forward if you're careful about the O-ring and etc.

Premium Member
I'm real happy with my 27" maxxis zillas here too. I ride a mix of sand and rocky steep trails and they work great. I went to 12" rims and used the same size wheel/tire at all 4 corners. I like the narrower rear tires so far because I like to steer with the throttle and a little less traction in the rear works great for that. Still pleanty of traction for climbing though.

Registered
I'm real happy with my 27" maxxis zillas here too. I ride a mix of sand and rocky steep trails and they work great. I went to 12" rims and used the same size wheel/tire at all 4 corners. I like the narrower rear tires so far because I like to steer with the throttle and a little less traction in the rear works great for that. Still pleanty of traction for climbing though.
View attachment 137630
How do you keep sand out of your bearings?

Premium Member
I don't. I've just accepted the fact that sand goes everywhere. More seriously though, it hasn't been an issue yet. I've ran my 450s for years without hub caps without issue. Only a couple rides on the 1000 without hub caps so far. It's still pretty sealed up even without the rubber caps.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts