Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just installed new rip saws on a polaris 600 twin. I see they're rubbing slightly on the rod end boot; not enough to mar the tire but enough to mar the boot. I don't think simply putting washers behind the wheel will help. I will get spacers but I was wondering what damage it would do to turn the stock wheel around in the meantime as it fits nicely. Also, the ball joints and Cv's are nice and tight. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
857 Posts
I think the valve stem hits the brak caliper or the ball joint stud I tried it it don't work ...best best is spacers or offset wheels

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Can you put your outer tie rod ends on the bottom? I had to do this with my silverbacks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Can you put your outer tie rod ends on the bottom? I had to do this with my silverbacks.
Good idea !

You should re-check your wheel alignment if you do this. It would likely change your toe-in adjustment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the wheels turned around, nothing hits or rubs....I was more concerned with the integrity of the wheel.

Does anyone have any experience with the stud extenders? They don't look very stable.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts