Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 sportsman 400 when i get new tires is there a problem changing to 26 inch. Is there any thing i should do for this change

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
If you go with 26 inch tires you'll probably need wheel spacers. Unless you get aftermarket wheels.

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
Yup have to check for the width up front. Stockers are really close to the outer tie rod ends. Do a little research into a tie rod end flip that my work for your application.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
26" will cause no issue. Like said before, going wider up front will. One thing to keep in mind is 26" only gets 1/2" more ground clearance. Also, the shitty stock tires are really only about 24 1/4" tall and barely 7" wide up front( at leat the 2 that I own are that way).
I would stay stock size as there are more options and price is a little less. My .02¢

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I always recommend to upgrade the clutching when going up in tire size/weight. Your belt will thank you.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Most 26" tires are 9" wide.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Most 26" tires are 9" wide.
Oh, thanks for the tip. Will have to see if new rims is much more money than spacers. I know they can be pricey.

SS212 would look good on my 400. Or No limits. ;)

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Should be able to get spacers for 35$ and would only need on fronts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

Thank you. I will eventually get some nice rims, either SS212 or No Limits. Still pondering!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
Yup. Also as an aside. Better tires will run truer to size then what you have. My stock 8" fronts were barely 7"
Pic is my new Bear claw HTR next to wife's stockers

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2012 400HO and I used wheel spacers on all four wheels when I went up to 14" sixR polaris wheels with 26.5 maxxis bighorns. Never been happier. Not entirely sure If i needed to run spacers on all four wheels but I had them so I used em.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have a 2012 400HO and I used wheel spacers on all four wheels when I went up to 14" sixR polaris wheels with 26.5 maxxis bighorns. Never been happier. Not entirely sure If i needed to run spacers on all four wheels but I had them so I used em.
I'm pretty sure the sixR's have the same offset as my vaders, and that you run w/o spacers

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ordered 1/4" spacers for the front and also ordered a set of 27" ams slingshots to run on my stock wheels 2013 sp 500 ho I will write a review as soon as i get some ride time . Ordered the spacers from rubber down customs.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

Thank you. I will eventually get some nice rims, either SS212 or No Limits. Still pondering!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

I know when I was looking at tires for my 400, the spacers shipped to canada (just for fronts) were around 75-100 bux. OR if you order from atv tires canada, a full set of rims SHIPPED were around 320, so for just over 50 bucks a rims, you can have way nicer rims.

Because of free shipping, I can't stress enough to canadian buyers, how good of deal atv tires canada 's prices are. A set of 12" rims and 26" radicals for the 400 were like 700 bucks shipped. (I was going to order these but then bought my 850, and went with the 27's instead)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm pretty sure the sixR's have the same offset as my vaders, and that you run w/o spacers
You've got my attention. Gonna try it out in the morning and see if it fits.

The guy who sold me the wheels gave me the spacers with the wheels/tires and said he had to use them when he tried them on his work machine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts