Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. When you make the switch from stock polaris tires to mud lites is the ride much rougher? What pressure do you run? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
this should really be on the Wheel's and tires section. but It's really going to depend on the tire you change to. Each tire rides differently and each machine/rider combo requires a different preasure to match the riders preferences.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ive got gorilla silverbacks mud tires on mine and there rough until 8mph then they smooth out, i run about 10 in them

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Bias ply or radials?

Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
We run the 26" Mud Lite XL's on a Polaris 570 Razor and a Polaris Big Boss 6x6 and 28" Mud Lite's on a 800 Ranger. They are rougher riding on hard pack then OEM tires. They also start smoothing out at around 5 mph and do well at 10 mph. Air pressure is between factory specs and what works best for you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran my XL's anywhere from 3 - 7 lbs depending on what riding I was doing. 5 lb was a good compromise. I found them a little slick in rock and that is where I would run less air.

I now run the XTR's at 5 - 7 lbs. To the touch I find them a harder tire but just as smooth as the XL's and less slippery in the rock regardless of the air pressure. I find both great in the mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts