Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 scrambler 500. looking for new tires to replace the Carlisle's that are on it from factory. I want something a little more aggressive, but because of the goofy size in the front there are not a lot of options. I would like to have the same tire on the front as on the rear but there aren't a lot of options for the front. Should I possibly look at a different size in the front and rear or is that not a good idea with the AWD? The factory size is 23x8-12 in front and 22x11-10 in rear. I don't wanna buy new rims but don't know what to do as far as tire size, or tire options. suggestions on places to look or sizes to change to would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
sti black diamond atr 23x8x12 22x11x10. The rim size doesn't matter as long as the front tire is 1 inch taller than the rear tire. I think its pretty stupid that they put 12 inch rims on the front lol. The sti black diamond atr's are more aggressive than stock. I have them on the front and maxxis razr 2's on the rear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The tire size ratio has been discussed many tires, its ok to run the same size tires with the 4X4. Two options for rims buy 03 predator rear hubs they are 4/156 pattern they are direct bolt on. Buy a set of four 12" itp black wheels in stock bolt pattern for under $200 shipped.

With the scrambler chassis and riding zone I would suggest a bighorn style in a 25" tire size

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What kind of riding do you do? Mud? Gravel roads? You need to tailor the tire tread design to the terrain you will be riding in the most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts