·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mud tires do you guys prefer? I love my outlaw 2's

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The laws are good in the mud and thats it, I miss my terminators.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've been told the original laws are better than the OL2's. Also the new silverbacks MT2's are better than the original backs. I only have experience with the mega mayhems. I wish I had gotten something a little more aggressive in mud but I was concerned about trail performance. Glad people are using the mud pit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my OL2, one of the guys we rode with had terminators and they were horrible in the mud, we ended going back and pushing him through most of the holes our OL2 had just been through. Has anyone gotten the new super atv tires called assassinators? I think the lugs are too big and will be torn up the moment you ride on something other than mud.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I absolutely love my radial OL's, they dig to China when I need them to, but they ride smooth as silk on hard pack, I've yet to get stuck with them. I know they're a heavy tire obviously since they are a radial but my clutch kit makes up for it so it works out great.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
FWIW I would say if you need 100% mud performance then laws/backs/assassinator/motomonster are top of the pile.
If you want mud performance and a smooth ride and tires that work in other terrain the terminator/motoboss/outbackmax/cryptid are better overall.

My 31 outlaws are 2in short, 29in @10psi, all 4 have slow bead leaks, and traction is sub par anywhere other then mud, I haven't been too impressed for the premium price they cost.

@bmerwin my terms took me through 95% of what my outlaws have, I liked them a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put on Mega Mayhems. i love them so far, good in the mud as well as on the trail and in sand. A lot cheaper than the OL2's.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Carlisle AT489. Best tire around. Great for any style of riding and all around best mud tire.
How are they in the skeg?

·
Registered
325 Posts
im thinking a set of terminators as my next set of tires. I like my mega mayhems but want something a little more aggressive.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
GBC Grim Reapers have yet to let me down.
I will say going to a 27", I think I lost a little performance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the Highlifter products for mud. In Florida we have a lot of water on top of the mud usually, and the OL 2's seem to paddle nice in the deep stuff. Buoyancy has a lot to do with the deep riding, a floating ish tire in the bottomless stuff seems to help when the mud is really soupy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts