Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 250 2 stroke rebuilt 10 hours on the engine. wiseco piston not sure of the comp. trying to contact the guy that built it. anyway. i am new to 2 stroke engines....way new. done some reading and such talked to some friends that built some and all that but i thought yall might be able to help too. i want torque. plain and simple. a friend of mine changed the gear up 1 tooth in the front cut the head 100 thousandths put a scrambler clutch spring in and put a wiseco piston and 300 jug on his 250 i like the way it works lots of torque and topend but i dont have that kind of money. anyway the question is can i up a tooth and cut my head 100 thousands and make enough down low to ride trails and sharp hills with me and my girlfriend? im 150lbs she is 98. and if i can i know that a high comp. truck 10:1 with cast heads has to run 93 with light timing. 2 strokes dont have timing chains or valves so what about detonation? and lastly do the 250s have reeds and i heard about a 2 stage reed with a little flap in the middle supposed to be good for midrange on a blaster do thay make somethin similar for the 250s? thanks for all the help and if i have some facts twisted just let me know im still learin about this no valve boost hole shit. who is smart enough to make an engine with the valves replaced with holes anyway?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cowboy:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Hmmph., two people on one four-wheeler ,what could possibly go wrong?
The 250 is piston ported ,so no reeds are needed.Besides it's capable of hauling that much weight around ,quite easily.Since the top-end is fairly fresh, and if your chain and sprockets are in good shape. the best and economical way to get some propulsion is clutching. getting a different spring and new buttons,for the rear clutch, will help immencely and can probly be done,if you're wrenching it for 50 bucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
alot could go wrong but if you can ride and dont act like a billy bad ass that can do anything he wants the chances of a good clean ride get alot better. and even better than that if you love the person you are riding and dont want to hurt them. then you ride even easier. lol anyway what spring and such should i look for? and i would still like to know about cutting the head but any other tips and mods are great too. little by little i want to get it where its fairly quick and as torquey as i can get it so i can gear for some more topend. basically i want more topend without loosing the power i have down low now. i guess thats the best way to explain it. lol so if it has no reeds then there is no mod similar in performance to the reed mod? cut this trim that port this hole or whatever? i am not going in the engine now but any info will be good for a later date. if i cant get it to work like i want it to i will tear it back down and make any internal mods that i can later. i think i can get it like i want with some time to get the money together and bolt ons and cutting the head aint a bid deal i can get it done cheap from the same guy that works my smallblocks for me. thanks for the help. ETHER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts