Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new 570 Mudding last night and it performed flawlessly! I went through some deep mud (over 2 feet deep) and gave it hell. The stock axles held up to the thick mud and heavy thumb. I have heard 1 or 2 guys on here talk about the stock axles breaking on stock tires and that cant be true because I am running 28" silverbacks and if axles were going to break they would have lastnight.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we had a great time except that a few of our friends broke stuff on their bikes. Oh and this pic was taken this morning after 10 hours of rain naturally washing it. lol

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Natures car wash. lol I think you are going to like the HMF exhaust. They sound badass IMO. Had one on a Yamaha Grizzly .

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Nice !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Natures car wash. lol I think you are going to like the HMF exhaust. They sound badass IMO. Had one on a Yamaha Grizzly .
Yeah I cant wait for it to come in! I felt out of place lastnight because all my friends have exhaust. lol and I need some led lights

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would upgrade the axles anyways. Stockers wont last with backs on it.

Looks like fun! Glad the popo represented!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know they wont last forever but there was a guy saying that he broke both front axles his first time out on stock tires and I can tell you there must have been a defect with his bike because I didnt break them with 28" backs

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
With heavy mudding i give the stock axles less than a month with those tires!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. Iam new to the forum. Was reading your post about stock axles with backs on it. What does that mean ? Cause I just ordered a rear cargo box with the back rest for it. Was wondering if it's going to affect anything ? Thanks. Bikes only got 4 hours on it. Don't want to break anything.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
"backs" is short for "silverbacks" , which is the large mud tire he is using. Running large mud tires does havoc on stock axles.

So if you have stock tires, don't worry about it!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
your good bigDan..lol....its tires they are talking about....

as far as axles..it jut takes the right situation an POP....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts