Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a really clean 01 trailblazer 250. My plan is to take my daughter out on it (slowly) in the mountains and don't want to get stranded, especially with her. I've been riding dirtbikes for 40 years, but this is my 1st quad. On my bikes, I know what to carry, but not sure about this.

What I plan to carry so far:
spark plug and wrench for it
tire plugs
tire pump
tool kit that came with it
rope

I normally carry an assortment of metric bolts/nuts. This uses SAE fasteners, correct? (what century is this anyway?) Does the engine use metric? (I thought that part was japanese) Bolts that tend to get lost so I should loctite and carry spares? Tools I might need not in std kit?
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I carry tons of tools with me when i ride. I have to low mile atv but i still carry tools. I have a complete wrench set,screwdrivers,WD-40, tow rope, some razors, flash light , lighter. Then lastly water granola bars and pepper spray. Better safe then sorry

·
Registered
426 Posts
I went to Walmart and got one of those cheap socket/wrench sets that comes in a plastic case. I also carry screwdrivers, pliers, vise grips, side cutters, hammer, small pry bar, tire plugs, air pump, tow strap, spare belt, electrical and/or duct tape, zip ties, rain suit, and one of those folding camp shovels. Maybe a couple other things I'm forgetting.

Sounds like a lot of stuff, but it all fits in the pack I have on my Scrambler with room to spare. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

However, the most important tool you can bring with you is a riding partner. No matter how many tools you bring with, you can still get stranded. If you're alone and get stranded, you're either walking or waiting for someone to come looking for you. If you have a partner, they can tow you back, go for help, or give you a ride.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts