Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was looking into the QSC kit, but didn't know if I should get one with my 28" Zillas.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kit was a breeze to install. I used a piece of all thread in my vice and a 1-5/16 socket as a spring compression tool and it worked great. I installed the 1/8" primary shim but left out the 1/16. Stall is slightly only higher than the stok clutch which is what I wanted.

Most importantly, no problem lifting my 30" OLR's off the ground with just a stab of the throttle. I bet it will still come up with my 4 gallon Kolpin fuel pack (which is mounted on top of my front box) full.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice. Yeah, the throttle response is night/day! It's nice to be able to put the power to the ground!

And the engagement is smooth as silk!

I am very pleased myself.

Impressive. ..

·
Registered
737 Posts
Glad to hear you like the kits, after reading how happy you are with the kits I am wondering if this will be just fine for me or if the airdam is worth the extra money.

Dr.Matt did you feel you gained more with the gear reduction or with the clutch kit. I am sure it is hard to judge being you had the gear in before the clutch kit, just curious.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't say because I only rode it once with just the GR and that was in winter 99% of which was on a frozen lake. I can say it felt just as powerful as stock, but there was no traction to really put a load on it. Since putting in the clutch kit I have ridden about 100' total. Pulled out of the garage, stopped on the street and stabbed the throttle in Low range, rode back in the garage. All on pavemant so traction but again no load.

Given the price difference and complexity of installing both, I would probably suggest doing the clutch first and see if it is enough.

To be honest I was not happy with the factory clutching on my stock tires though so I figured a clutch kit was a given. the GR was just to get gearing back down to compensate for the bigger tires.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I bought the QSC to try it. Now I will be able to mod my bike more ways and quicker. When I'm done modding, I will def get an /// and do my own testing. I know either setup could be resold easily. ..

Just my plan...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I also bought a QSC Clutch Kit from RVS PERFORMANCE. Just waiting on the correct Secondary Clutch Spring to arrive.

My 2017 Sportsman 570 EPS has EBS which makes it even easier to change the spring on the Secondary Clutch.

I'm going with the Thin Shim which will raise 200-300rpm. I'm thinking that's good enough for my 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR with my trail riding and occasional mudding. (Hope I'm right).

I rather do everything once instead of having to take everything apart to swap shim again.

Thin Shim increase 200-300rpm
Thick Shim increase 400-500rpm
Both Shim increase 600-800rpm

Maybe after I install everything, I'll leave the floor board off to test. And if the thin shim isn't enough Oomph then I'll switch to the thick shim.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ryan from RVS PERFORMANCE says same torque on 570's. So that means 47ft-lbs on Primary Clutch and 13ft-lbs on Secondary Clutch.

·
9,461 Posts
help my chinese 110cc atv doesnt have any power i just replaced my solenoid!
So why don't you start a thread where that people will read it and offer help rather than tag your question on the end of someone else's ancient thread about clutch torque values??

21 - 31 of 31 Posts