Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
11,130 Posts
I don't know the actual specs but just get it good and snug with a little blue loctite and then keep an eye on it for a few rides. It should be fine.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Based on the diagram I would agree with polman500. Just snug it gently with 1/4 drive and some blue loctite on the threads. Standard torque values are as shown below. As you can see when you get down to the small bolts they don't require much and you would need a fairly sensitive in/lbs(NM) torque wrench to torque at such a low setting. the number after the bolt size is the thread size (coarse or fine).

Bolt size:

#10/24 - 27 inch/lbs.
#10/32 - 31 inch/lbs.

1/4"/20 - 5 foot/lbs.
1/4"/28 - 6 foot/lbs.
5/16"/18 - 11 foot/lbs.
5/16"/24 - 12 foot/lbs.
3/8" /16 - 20 foot/lbs.
3/8"/24 - 23 foot/lbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry I seemed snappy, I figured it was a bigger deal than it was, I put it in today. easier than I thought. just used the alan key that fit and snugged it down good, no super human strength stuff. I will keep an eye on it, if it seems like it gets loose Loctite I will use

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
sorry I seemed snappy, I figured it was a bigger deal than it was, I put it in today. easier than I thought. just used the alan key that fit and snugged it down good, no super human strength stuff. I will keep an eye on it, if it seems like it gets loose Loctite I will use
No prob...you just wanted to get it fixed....but did you save 15% on your car insurance by switching to GEICO? LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts