Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've really disliked the driver seat on my touring from day one. The way it curls up in the back like a horses saddle makes you slide forward and ride on the narrow part of the seat. Both the sliding forward and riding on the narrow part are less than comfortable to say the least. Bot Cat and BRP don't do this and are MUCH more comfortable. Every once in a while I get to looking around the net to see if anyone has found a solution. I finally found it the other day on a forum called the ATVUtah forum. A member who goes by the handle quadsquad had the same problem as me and had a custom seat made for his. I've joined the forum, replied to the thread, and pm'd the guy to find his seat source. No reply yet. Is anyone here a member there and know this guy or know where he might have gotten his seat done? I've got to find a way to get this seat for mine!!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I have not herd any complaints like yours. As a matter of fact Polaris seats have gotten super hi marks for many years!

BUT we are all just a bit different in body shape and expectations. Some find the seat width on the Sportsmans too wide... They should ride a horse!!! The XP fixed that with remounting the engine to get narrower saddle.

Glad you found something that suits you!

CW

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have not herd any complaints like yours. As a matter of fact Polaris seats have gotten super hi marks for many years!

BUT we are all just a bit different in body shape and expectations. Some find the seat width on the Sportsmans too wide... They should ride a horse!!! The XP fixed that with remounting the engine to get narrower saddle.

Glad you found something that suits you!

CW

Maybe you just don't notice posts about things that don't affect you. Most guys with a touring XP dislike the seat. The narrow part with the engine sideways is to make it more narrow at the knees. Your not supposed to ride with your but there. This is a touring only issue. Not the standard 1up XP. I love the way the 1up XP seat feels. You ride on the wide part of the seat and have it nice and narrow at your knees. Not interested in a saddle at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts