Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, noob here.

While searching some new Polaris models, I was trying to figure out why the touring was always so much more expensive. It couldn't just be for a seat. The touring showed (online anyways) the wheelbase was 5.5 inches longer, and overall length 3 inches longer if I remember correctly. Is there any benefit or drawbacks to this?

I'm looking towards a machine for plowing, help around the house, and fun of course. But I really don't need the second seat...

What's your thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've never ridden a touring model, so I'm just speaking from general knowledge, not actual experience. All thing being equal, the longer wheelbase may yield a smother ride and be a more predictable riding experience for you. The extra length might make it tougher a navigate tight paths, or it might take a bit more effort to get it maneuvered around while plowing too. However, the extra wheelbase could be beneficial to you while handling the plow too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
I love my touring model, my husband has the one up Sportsman 800. I feel 100% more comfortable on the 2 up, it is considerably more stable, your safe to take a passenger which is very important unless you live alone and your friends and family are rarely around. The load is greater climbing and getting over odd shaped terrain is easier simply because the machine can bridge over stuff easier. The uses for the 2 up in my opinion out way the uses over the one up. This is why I spent a few extra dollars, i would have hated any regrets. I take the seat off and I can easily pack the largest trunk in the house, where my husband had to buy a much smaller one. I still have room to spare for gas and water jugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
The extended wheelbase of the Touring has many advantages, and really no drawbacks. The ride is a little better, but the big thing is stability. It handles better in a straight line, cornering and the biggest advantage is when climbing. The front end stays on the ground in situations where a one up would be wanting to go over backwards. The same is true for going down steep descents. I don't ride two up, but went with the Touring when I got rid of my 850. I haven't noticed any disadvantages even on tight trails.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the 570 touring seat different than the 850 or 1000??? The local atv place only had the 570 in stock and the seat is dramatically different than what I've seen online...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Yup, the 570 does have a different seat. It's easy enough to remove the seat back on the 570, and you are not left with a big hole to fill like on the 850/1000. Just need to fab a plate for the seat posts to lock into.
My before and after shots when it was still brand new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
if you like to do some chores around your property go with the X2,
i have one now for 10 years and this thing is way more handy than a regular atv

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yup, the 570 does have a different seat. It's easy enough to remove the seat back on the 570, and you are not left with a big hole to fill like on the 850/1000. Just need to fab a plate for the seat posts to lock into.
My before and after shots when it was still brand new.
How do you like the trac tie down system? Thinking about getting that myself. Any issues ? good or bad?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts