Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being snatched from the mud a few dozen times I decided I needed a better place the hook my strap to. Here's what I came up with...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
What I have is a 2ft strap from the receiver bungee'd up to the rack, so when your buried you don't have to dig in the mud and possibly lean against the hot exhaust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how mine is too. The holes on either side of my reciever are about to tear so I had to find a better way.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
That's how mine is too. The holes on either side of my reciever are about to tear so I had to find a better way.

Time to try a different tact if you pulled out that much!! ::)

Maybe even weld up a stouter setup!

CW

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'm hoping it is your plan to upgrade your tires at some point. You'll get stuck a lot less.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree

I agree 100% on the stouter setup comment. A set of 28" mud grips should help big time. Doing a budget build on this one so I'm waiting on a good set to pop up on Craigslist.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I agree 100% on the stouter setup comment. A set of 28" mud grips should help big time. Doing a budget build on this one so I'm waiting on a good set to pop up on Craigslist.
Awesome!! That will definitely help. Stockers suck big time. I swore I was going to get at least 1000 miles out of my act 2s and I don't think I'll end up with 400 by the time it's all said and done :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check out the atv section in the classifieds on louisianasportsman.com, I seem to see more tires on there than I do on craigslist. And sometimes I see really good deals.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Those are not trails. THose a canals.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Nice trails. Although its not how I ride, I do love watching those type of videos. Southernmudjunkies has a great channel with great vids like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Nice trails. Although its not how I ride, I do love watching those type of videos. Southernmudjunkies has a great channel with great vids like that.

I agree. Southernmudjunkies has some sweet videos on his channel.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Looks like someone needs to trade the 4 wheeler for an airboat!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Does anyone else see a use for these tow shackles? Looking for some constructive criticism.
A use for as in do you think that you could sell them? There are a lot of companies already producing them. I was looking at them on ebay earlier in the week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Does anyone else see a use for these tow shackles? Looking for some constructive criticism.
A use for as in do you think that you could sell them? There are a lot of companies already producing them. I was looking at them on ebay earlier in the week.
I hadn't seen them on there. I've only seen one other company making something close and they were really focused at the atv market so much. I'll have to check em out on there.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I like it, looks like it should make the frame more ridgid too. I still wanted my reciever hitch, so I made this.....

It has a cross drilled hole pattern so it can be mounted to pivot side to side or up and down.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts