Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast can an 850 go with tracks on? I have heard mixed opinions. Dealer here has a brand new (used set) for sale for 3grand but I kinda want to try them first not sure if they are worth that much to a guy who owns sleds too.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've seen people do 50-55 without a clutch kit in high (really don't recommend doing), just think if your bike tops out at say 75 like these 850s (average top speed) and tracks top out at 50 your always pushing your bike around 20+ mph (engine wear wise) every where you go to get the same speed as tires.

Scrambler at the dealer put stm primary and secondary and they had it up to 65 in the parking lot, and it had way better throttle response from getting the lower gear ratio (belt sitting lower in primary and higher in secondary) and the higher ratio and it did not seem to put near the strain on the motor.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that's what I needed to know

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
13 Posts
does that price include the mounting hardware, if that is for the prospector ll that's a good price, if you decide not to get them let me know may be interested in them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen people do 50-55 without a clutch kit in high (really don't recommend doing), just think if your bike tops out at say 75 like these 850s (average top speed) and tracks top out at 50 your always pushing your bike around 20+ mph (engine wear wise) every where you go to get the same speed as tires.

Scrambler at the dealer put stm primary and secondary and they had it up to 65 in the parking lot, and it had way better throttle response from getting the lower gear ratio (belt sitting lower in primary and higher in secondary) and the higher ratio and it did not seem to put near the strain on the motor.[/QU

When you say you have seen them run this fast, are they and you going off what the speedo says or a GPS? The reason I ask is I have them on mine now and the speedo is way off says I'm doing 50 when I'm going 25-30mph. So what it shows on their speedo is not how fast they are really going. So 65 out of the scammy just can't be true.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Scrambler at the dealer put stm primary and secondary and they had it up to 65 in the parking lot, and it had way better throttle response from getting the lower gear ratio (belt sitting lower in primary and higher in secondary) and the higher ratio and it did not seem to put near the strain on the motor.[/QU

When you say you have seen them run this fast, are they and you going off what the speedo says or a GPS? The reason I ask is I have them on mine now and the speedo is way off says I'm doing 50 when I'm going 25-30mph. So what it shows on their speedo is not how fast they are really going. So 65 out of the scammy just can't be true.
remember the stm is MASSIVE amount of power gain compared to stock, its not just a clutch kit, it complete new billet clutches, lower gear ratio plus higher gear ratio, also for got to say exhaust and fuel tuner, but speeds where next to my 850 with 27in itp mulights

·
Registered
15 Posts
The speed on my 2014 550 X2 with tracks is about 2/3 of the actual speedometer reading. I think I can get up to about 30 miles per hour. Definitely no where near the speed of tires, but they work great in the snow.

Mike

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's about where I'm at with my 850 maybe 35 but the motor is working. No worrys they do work great!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts