Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on some tracks for cheap. I think they're an earlier model of the Prospectors made by Soucy. They're currently on a 2012 500 Sportsman.

I'm handy with metal work so I'm not too concerned about the a-arm brackets needing some tweaking (or making new ones altogether).

I could only find 1 picture online of these specific tracks but no info or part numbers.

My question is.... when running tracks on my 850, would I need to run them in low gear or need a clutch kit? I know I'll get some power loss which I'm ok with, I just don't want to be crawling down the trails in low gear.

The tracks look in very good shape and I can pick them up for $1000.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
First let me say I have no experience with tracks. Logically though, I would guess with the heavier mass of the tracks and supports will take more power to turn them. I would suggest a clutch kit. You can always call Ryan at RVS and ask. He will not steer you wrong!

I want tracks cause they look sooo Kool.....I don't need them, but i want them....

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Im not sure on Soucy, but with the Camoplast Tatou 4S tracks, you order them for the machine you are putting them on. BUT, you can also simply order the new gearsets to put them on a bigger cc's machine.

Look up the tracks you are buying, and see if that is an option with Soucy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts