Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sportsman 570 EPS SP 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Anyone have experience with belts on the 570 SP?
There are several dealers here who do not recommend putting belts on this, as it is going to be very heavily steered.
It seems that it is a combination of double A-arm and On-Demand All Wheel Drive that does this

Any solution? Buy an another ATV? :cool:

Mvh Inge

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi
Anyone have experience with belts on the 570 SP?
There are several dealers here who do not recommend putting belts on this, as it is going to be very heavily steered.
It seems that it is a combination of double A-arm and On-Demand All Wheel Drive that does this

Any solution? Buy an another ATV? :cool:

Mvh Inge
For what its worth (and I really have no personal experience so far as my own tracks are only semi mounted as I write this)..
Tracks on a 570 are nice if you have power steering, especially if you intend to use the bike in places where you need to maneuver around in lots of tight places and probably often in deep snow (or mud) conditions..
If much or most of your riding will mainly be on flat surfaces and without a lot of side loading to the tracks, power steering would most likely be just considered a luxury more than a necessity..
Its a lot like back in the '60's where half of so of cars were probably only ordered with power steering because it was still considered a luxury option most people only thought of it or wished they had, when they parallel parked or rolled around at very low speeds - otherwise they grew up without it and for the most part found it unnecessary..
I have heard feedback that some found using an ATV on tracks without PS not much of a problem - others feel it is a deal breaker - but I consider depends on: your tolerance for occasionally having to heft yourself around in tighter spots or conditions where power steering might otherwise not make you think twice about going, or how often a smaller or lighter rider might encounter situations where not having PS would negate them from using a bike on tracks at all..
Weigh the cost saving of not having PS against how much it would be to have it - based on how much time it would be mounted on tracks (seasonally or ?) verses on tires, and see if it makes sense to absorb the cost of changing or upgrading your ride on that perspective..
Or better yet - if you like the size and model of bike you have and what it brings - mount a set and see how well tracks meet your expectations and needs.
If that is a disappointing situation, swap out for a similar ride knowing what the quad itself brings, knowing what the PS addition would add past that and go from there!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts