Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched for answers about those who have tracks and plow with them. From what I have gathered some people use a plow with tracks, but mention nothing about a plow extension and I have read others say you have to get a different plow. I've asked my dealer and they aren't sure either.

I have a 2010 XP 850 EPS with a GII plow and mount. I am looking at a set of Polaris tracks. Will my plow work, or will I need something added (an extension) to it to make it work? I don't really turn the blade any, but having the option would be nice, but not a necessity to have. If leaving the plow straight would work, to get me through winter, I'd be happy and if I had to get something different next year, I'd be down for that as well.

I want to be able to take the plow off and go play out in the snow and then hook the plow back up to move snow.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Thanks in advance for your input. :)

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:flowers1:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Polaris makes an extension. go to purepolaris.com or drop by your dealer and pick up a pure polaris accessories catalog

·
Registered
385 Posts
You will need a different Frame, Mount, and Extension. Your existing blade will work.

Part #'s you need are:

Easy Lift Plow Mount Part# 2877261 MSRP $129.99
Easy Lift Plow Frame Part# 2877262 MSRP $419.99
Easy Lift Extension Part# 2878021 MSRP $99.99

Don't pay MSRP dealer should be able to give you minimum 10% off......... in all reality I know they can do 15-20% off :shakehands:

The Polaris plow/track setyup is very sturdy. That being said for what it will cost you I would get an all new setup......... when I buy a new set of tracks next winter I will be picking up an American Eagle 66" v-plow with extension for the tracks.

Here is what the setup looks like utilizing the 60" Razor 2-way blade with a set of Camoplast Tatou 4s. The first picture shows the machine with the Polaris Prospector Pro-S tracks, personally I feel the Tatou's are a better track system and cost less. I have had 4 different sets of tracks and when I purchase again next winter they will be the Tatou's as long as they have the rubber bogie wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Will be cheaper to get a Nice American Eagle system! Shot me a pm and I can get you a price for the one that works with tracks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You will need a different Frame, Mount, and Extension. Your existing blade will work.

Part #'s you need are:

Easy Lift Plow Mount Part# 2877261 MSRP $129.99
Easy Lift Plow Frame Part# 2877262 MSRP $419.99
Easy Lift Extension Part# 2878021 MSRP $99.99

Don't pay MSRP dealer should be able to give you minimum 10% off......... in all reality I know they can do 15-20% off :shakehands:

The Polaris plow/track setyup is very sturdy. That being said for what it will cost you I would get an all new setup......... when I buy a new set of tracks next winter I will be picking up an American Eagle 66" v-plow with extension for the tracks.

Here is what the setup looks like utilizing the 60" Razor 2-way blade with a set of Camoplast Tatou 4s. The first picture shows the machine with the Polaris Prospector Pro-S tracks, personally I feel the Tatou's are a better track system and cost less. I have had 4 different sets of tracks and when I purchase again next winter they will be the Tatou's as long as they have the rubber bogie wheels.

you may have just crushed my hopes of having one of the nicest looking ride around! very nice setup man and ive also seen the extentions for sale

·
Registered
555 Posts
The price of the plow frame is ridiculous. I would go with a new Eagle system. In the long run, it would be less expensive, and the Eagle system is built a lot better... and Made in the U.S.A... not China.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies all!

Fishy, why the Camoplast Tatou 4s over the Prospectors, other then price? Reason I ask, cause I am going down to my Polaris dealer to test ride a set of Prospector tracks in about an hour.

I like the looks of the tread better on the Tatou's. Now I wish they had both and I could see them in person and compare. Doh!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for the replies all!

Fishy, why the Camoplast Tatou 4s over the Prospectors, other then price? Reason I ask, cause I am going down to my Polaris dealer to test ride a set of Prospector tracks in about an hour.

I like the looks of the tread better on the Tatou's. Now I wish they had both and I could see them in person and compare. Doh!
The front of the Tatou's has a flex track design, throws less snow on you and keeps it out of the radiator as it throws it down and away from the machine. They also steer easier even with EPS. Better flotation and all around better design and they are geared specifically for your machine.

The prospectors give you a bit more ground clearance and allow for a better top speed but with Tracks it isn't about the speed it's about getting you there. The minimal differences in speed aren't worth it.

You can get the Tatou 4s for around $3200 shipped, have them in 7-10 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts