Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
workin on this, 6061 alum plates, polished, more pics tomoro.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
What is the purpose? Protect the "high wear" areas?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read the title. "Trail Armor,(mostly just for looks)". So really no prupose. I just like diamond plate. + it matches the billet shifter and custom billet gas cap I am having done right now.

@ZTMAN- They are attched at all four corners with small stainless bolts and nuts, fender washer on back to spread the load of the nut.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Ok,.......guess I missed that. Seems good placement for protection though. Many use those locations for footrests.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Interesting......... were you sick of looking at the "warning" and "don't do this" stickers :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL yup exactly, and I figured ya cant go wrong with diamond plate.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Interesting idea..... been thinking of adding anti-skid tape to a couple of those area's myself. Wife likes to put her feet up some times to keep her feet dry, skuffing the plastics all to hell.... drives me crazy. But I was thinking a color matched for myself.

Do what you like.... it's your machine! :fing02: Not everyone has the same tastes. :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Interesting idea..... been thinking of adding anti-skid tape to a couple of those area's myself. Wife likes to put her feet up some times to keep her feet dry, skuffing the plastics all to hell.... drives me crazy. But I was thinking a color matched for myself.

Do what you like.... it's your machine! :fing02: Not everyone has the same tastes. :D
3M makes a clear film that would work well for that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think it looks pretty good with the shifter

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bought some real trail gear today, a full Polaris brand brush guard, coated in Line X, very heavy duty. pics to come. Got a custom billet fuel cap comin too, will match DP and shifter

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

3M makes a clear film that would work well for that.
Thanks... just may have to find that so I can have a look-see.

If not I found a couple skate board shops online that carry different colors of grip tape.

Haven't done it, as I wonder how well it will apply / fit to the curve on the fenders. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
To Each their own I guess. Were I to do something like this I'd cut the plate to match the shape of the panel it's been attached to, but that's just me.

hey, that rear rack extension looks familiar...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts