Polaris ATV Forum banner

Trail Blazer 250 won't run

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ikesatv 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Trail Blazer 250. I confess that previously the cooling fan thermostat failed and the engine "seized". After it cooled down it ran fine and I wired the fan to the low beam light switch to turn it on manually. I was using the ATV to pull a drag around the property. The engine slowed down gradually and then stopped. I plan to check to see if there is spark, air and fuel. It appears that I have to remove the fuel tank to get to the spark plug. I did find two small plastic tube that come up from somewhere in the engine compartment and go down the handle bar center tube. These tubes are hard and brittle and are broken. I plan to replace them, but I wondered if the thought is that these could be the problem.

#2 ·
Ohh no. I would check compression. I'm afraid it sounds the motor is completely done. It didn't run out of oil did it? Or have its oil supply cut off did it? Given this is a 2 stroke, that would be very bad.

The hoses are very likely just vent tubes. The carb has vent tubes, the fuel tank has vent tubes, etc, and a hard brittle tube wouldn't cause this.

Check for spark, fuel, and compression.

Let us know.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

#4 ·
Replaceing vent tubing

I took the cylinder out and it is scored. Local auto machine shop says it is OK to bore and I have order a new piston kit. There are small broken plastic tubes running through the handle bars, frame, etc. Does anybody know where I can find a diagram of where these tubes go to and from? Thanks, Ike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.