Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new carb, fuel pump, chain, & battery on this bike that sat for 3-4 years. Got it running then the overheat light comes on even when cool and when you give it gas it’s like it’s hitting a rev limiter at 2000 rpms.
I tested the thermister when it was barley warm and it was at 50k ohms. It it with the torch and went up to 100k ohms.
Put it in ice water and dropped to 7k ohms but the light stayed on....
Help!!!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I opted to look at a 2009 Trailblazer 330 service manual - here's the text

The thermistor has failed - it has 50,000 ohms when cold and drops resistance when hot - replace the thermiasor and if it doesn't fix the problem, then replace the PDM

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
As to the rev problem - it's the carb - it needs to be jetted to the application - it would have been wiser to rebuild the OEM carb as it is already jetted correctly - you might try cleaning and putting the Mikuni jets in the Chinese counterfeit carb, but if the passages and air jets are not the correct size, it may still not perform correctly - part of the problem is whether the new carb is internally ported to the vacuum chamber or relies on external porting - if it is externally ported, throw it away and get one with internal porting - you will never get the external ported vacuum type carb to work unless you are a fuel systems engineer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts