Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm helping a friend rebuilding his atv but i'm having trouble with the 4x4, does anybody got the wiring diagram of the junction box? Any help is welcome, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Gonna need to be a bit more specific. What year? What is it doing, maybe someone can help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stave7119 based on the color i think is a 92 model all blue, we dont know if its working really

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Hey guys, i'm helping a friend rebuilding his atv but i'm having trouble with the 4x4, does anybody got the wiring diagram of the junction box? Any help is welcome, thanks!
Not sure what you are calling the junction box, but here's the wiring of the switch

I can email you the complete wiring diagram once you have determined the specific year and model

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
If it is an early 90s model the VIN and model number will be on the right frame rail just above where the shifter mounts. Should be a W followed by numbers. The first 2 will be the year and the last 4 indicate the model. Like Polman said, get all 4 wheels off the ground, start the machine and put into a forward gear. With the AWD switch on, gently apply throttle, All four wheels should turn under power. If the fronts don't, I would change fluid first and try again. Dirty oil in the hubs will cause a lot of problems there. Might not hurt to flush it a bit first too. You can use ATF which is cheaper than the Demand drive oil from Polaris.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is the model my friend sent me the pictures but next time i will look for the VIN, yes latebird that's what i ment the junction board

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Looks to me that model starts with W92. I can't make out the rest but what I can see indicates a 1992 model year. From the photos I am thinking Trail Boss 2x4 with 250cc 2 stroke engine.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Here's what I got with the serial number:
Model Year - 1992
Model Number - W928127
Purchase Date - 4/17/1992
VIN - 2015164
Engine Serial Number - 9209004
Warranty:
Start Date
4/27/1992
Expiration Date
10/17/1992

Model 8127 is a TRAIL BOSS 4X4

Here is the model identification page from the service manual

81 indicates Trail Boss 4x4 and 27 indicates 250 cc two stroke engine

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Looked back at the photo. Now I see the front axle shafts.................

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes i thought 92 was the year from the colors latebird yes stave7119 it has 4x4 but we do not know if it's working due to previous owner made some wiring work on it

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Good luck with the project! It will be very rewarding when you get it up and running then take that first trip around the yard.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts